PLAYOFF HOCKEY! LET'S GO PENS!!!

Max Talbot's Blog

Max Talbot's Blog
CLICK HERE!!!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fun Facts About Crosby


Sidney Crosby Fun Facts


Sidney Crosby Fun Facts:

Nicknames: The Next One, Baby Legs, Sid the Kid, Darryl

Previous Team : Rimouski Océanic ( QMJHL )

Hometown : Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia

Place of Birth : Dartmouth , Nova Scotia

Country : Canada

DOB : August 7 , 1987

Height : 5-foot-10 (1.80 m)

Weight : 193 pounds (87.5 kg)

Shoots : Left

Position : Centre

Jersey Number : 87, he wears this becuase his birthyear is August 7, 1987.

Junior Team: Rimouski Oceanic

NHL Team: Pittsburgh Penguins

First NHL hatrick: October 28 2006, against Philadelphia Flyers

Family: Troy Crosby (Father), Trina Crosby (Mother), Taylor Crosby (Sister)

Middle Name: Patrick

Favortie Music: All

Favorite Band: 3 Doors Down

Pet: Yellow Retriever named Samantha "Sam"

Place of Residence: Sewickley, PA

Car: Range Rover, Lexus

Favorite food: Chinese

Favorite actor: Denzel Washington

Favorite actress: Eva Mendez

Girlfriend: The Stanley Cup

Endorsements: Reebok, Sher-Wood, Telus, Upper Deck, PepsiCo

His dad was drafted byt Montreal Canadiens the same year as NHL legend Mario Lemieux.

Later Sidney Crosby would one day play on the same team as Mario Lemieux.

Was a Montreal Canadiens fan as a child.

Player that he hates playing against most is Denis Gauthier


Noteable Sidney Crosby Dates :
June, 2009- Sid the Kid and the Penguins win the Stanley Cup

December 16, 2005 - Michel Therrien, Penguins coach, selects Sidney Crosby as an alternate captain for the team.

October 8, 2005 - Sidney Crosby scores his first NHL goal against Boston Bruins goalie Hannu Toivonen.

October 5, 2005 - Sidney Crosby earns his first NHL point by assising a goal for Mark Recchi against New Jersey Devils goalie Martin Brodeur.

September 9, 2005 - Sidney Crosby signs his NHL contract with Pittsburgh. Sidney could earn up to $12 million over the next 3 years playing along side the hockey legend Mario Lemieux.

July 30, 2005 - Pittsburgh Penguin select Sidney Crosby first overall in the 2005 NHL amateur entry draft.


Sidney Crosby Quotes:

"It was nice to get the first one out of the way," - Sidney Crosby

"I was better at both ends, defensively and offensively, ... It was more of a well-rounded game. I want to add to that." - Sidney Crosby


"I feel comfortable, ... I'm definitely feeling challenged but with each day I gain more experience. I'm just trying to improve each day." - Sidney Crosby


"I want to play as soon as possible, ... You want to play but I don't pick and choose. It's not my job." - Sidney Crosby

"I didn't anticipate anything -- I was just showing up and seeing what the town and people were about, but it was a very welcoming sight, ... I'm sure the energy and excitement in town are going to rub off on the players. It's nice to see everybody's so excited about getting hockey started." - Sidney Crosby


"You can't afford to go out there and watch too much, ... If you get caught watching, you're not going to get to the puck and not going to make good plays." - Sidney Crosby


"The defensemen went down and got out of position, ... So then the goalie had no choice but to play the shot so I knew Mark had an open shot. I gave him a quick look and got him the puck." - Sidney Crosby


"I think I did all right but I want to improve, ... I don't think I'm happy with being average in that department and I want to make sure I compete with those guys. It was 50-50, I lost some battles." - Sidney Crosby


"It was amazing. You don't have a choice but to play your best. They force you do do that because they're smart and that's the fun part for me, I'm being challenged to think faster and be creative." - Sidney Crosby


"I was anxious to get started, ... There was so much anticipation. I wanted to get in the routine of playing games. It was just nice to be on a team, not competing against these guys in camp [but] trying to work together to win." - Sidney Crosby







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish i was as buff as him. lol

munmun said...

i loveeeeeeeeee hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol